Hennessy Pure White

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: Hennessy Pure White

Postby numen » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:35 am

Tesseron has a few other expressions. I haven't had it yet, but the Lot 76 is supposed to be very good, too. That is also an XO level spirit, and goes for around $100 even at Berry Bros and Rudd.

sjp1966
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby sjp1966 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:43 pm

I've just checked out their website and they look very nice, professional looking site too.

TWE doesn't do it :( which begs the question, are there any on-line shops for Cognac and Armagnac that have a range of these spirits to rival TWE's love for Whisky?

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby numen » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:50 pm

There aren't any great places online for Cognac and Armagnac like TWE (which has an impressive array of very rare and old Cognacs), but there are some intriguing sites that have decent assortments.

http://vintagespirits.com/
http://www.whisky.fr/achat/alcool/spiri ... e-vin.html (la maison du whisky... a wonderful place... does not ship to North America)
just some examples.

There are so many Cognac and Armagnac producers, especially relative to the massive whisky distilleries, that it would be difficult to have a comprehensive place -- especially with whisky consumption being so much greater than Cognac/Armagnac production/consumption.

Separately, too, I wonder about the number of expressions in Cognac relative to those of whisky. Whisky producers will frequently do single cask bottlings, some special blend, or even sell stock to an independent bottler to sell. Cognac producers tend to have maybe a few more standard blends. So, for instance, Glenmorangie, there's the 10 year, 18 year, and 25. Then there are the assorted specialty (e.g. Nectar d'or and Signet). For Hennessy, you've got VS, VSOP, XO, Paradis, Imperial, and the Richard Hennessy, and, with rare exception, the specialty bottlings. So, when people are looking to stock up, by and large, they're going to be getting an older version of a known expression rather than a wholly new or single barrel (or limited run) production.

sjp1966
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby sjp1966 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:24 am

Thanks for the links, they both look interesting. I cannot see an English language version of the 2nd one though so that may be a challenge to navigate but some nice looking drinks on there.

mackstuart
New distillate
New distillate

Postby mackstuart » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:34 am

I HAVE SOME PURE WHITE AVAILABLE. CONTACT ME HERE OR DIRECT. DIGISTORE1 AT LIVE DOT COM

manfarmer3
New distillate
New distillate

Postby manfarmer3 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:56 pm

I have some available, contact me at manfarmer3@gmail.com

bbouy
New distillate
New distillate

Postby bbouy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:54 pm

I have them by the case!
$99 a bottle plus shipping.

Rome05888
New distillate
New distillate

Postby Rome05888 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:32 am

I sell it! But only in the five borough's nothing more nothing less. Email me for further information at Rome05888@aol.com an i'll do the best i can to get back to everyone at my earliest convenience ASAP..

MunchyPat1
New distillate
New distillate

Postby MunchyPat1 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:43 pm

Reklawyroc
New distillate
New distillate

Postby Reklawyroc » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:23 pm

HEY, I JUST RETURNED FROM A CRUISE YESTERDAY AND WHILE I WAS IN MEXICE I PURCHASED A BOTTLE OF THE PURE WHITE HENNESSY BECAUSE IT CANT BE BOUGHT IN THE STATES. AND SINCE ITS SO RARE I WAS WANTING TO KEEP IT SEALED IN THE BOTTLE FOR A WHILE UNTIL A VERY SPECIAL OCCASION, WHENEVER THAT MAY BE. MY QUESTION TO YOU IS; IS IT OKAY TO AGE IT? AND IF AO CAN I KEEP IT IN THE SEALED BOTTLE I BOUGHT IT IN? AND IS THERE A MAX LIMIT OF YEARS OR TIME I CAN AGE IT BEFORE IT GOES BAD? I KNOW THERE IS A LOT THAT GOES INTO PLAY WHEN AGING LIKE, DEPENDS ON THE BASE OF THE SPIRIT AND WHETHER IT’S COLUMN OR POT DISTILLED. ETC..SO INSTWAD OF SEARCHING INTERNET FOR ANSWERES I THOUGHT WHY NOT ASK THE EXPERTS; YOU GUYS AT HENNESSY. I HOPE TO HEAR BACK FROM YOU SOON!

CHEERS,
CORY

Return to “Hennessy”