Hennessy Pure White

wouter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hennessy Pure White

Postby wouter » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Hennessy Pure White expresses the qualities of the white wines from which they are distilled. They are produced with the finest white grapes from the sunny Cognac region. The Cognac double distillation accounts for its flowery aromas and powerful character.

What do you think about this Cognac?

My review notes of the Hennessy Pure White are:

The color: bright honey, much lighter than the Hennessy VS.
The nose: light flowery aroma, simple, not too aggressive, very subtle.
The taste: an easy drink, very fresh and smooth with flowery and sweet fruity notes.
The aftertaste: quite short and simple with lots of sweet tones.
The age: between the 15 and 50 years, it tastes much younger….
The origin: Grande Champagne Cognac, Petite Champagne, Borderies and Fins Bois.
The price: about $40,- in the Bahamas.
The price / quality ratio: a 6,5 out of 10. Very sweet and simple tasting profile. If you prefer a sweet drink in the Caribbean, please consider a nice local aged rum.

hennessy-pure-white.jpg
hennessy-pure-white.jpg (33.37 KiB) Viewed 12126 times

sjp1966
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: Hennessy Pure White

Postby sjp1966 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:43 pm

This looks really interesting, although I cannot seem to find it in the UK, the websites that had a page state it as discontinued. And all ebay has is an expensive empty bottle :(

wouter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wouter » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Same story as the Remy Martin 1738, this Cognac could only be found in the Bahamas and in the Hennessy Shop in Cognac, France.

It used to be found very easily on eBay, unfortunately some new rules seem to prohibit the selling of alcohol on eBay....

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby numen » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Which eBay site are you using? I think that it's still legal to sell alcohol (or at least the "collector's bottles") in Europe, but not the US. I could be wrong

Don Henny
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Don Henny » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:07 am

Indeed on ebay USA they have stopped puttin liquor for sale, due to some problems with a child buying alcohol on there. but in europe you can still buy whithout any problem.
As for the White there is no retail store that sell's them, so the price depand on what people ask
I have seen prices from around 50euro up to 125euro and more
Retail at Hennessy is 35euro

Don Henny
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Don Henny » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:12 am

PS; as a Hennessy connaiseur I advice you to try some better one's then this White. As this is made for the club people just like the Henny black.
If you can get hold on the XO Grande Champagne,Napoleon,VSOP FC or Reserve,Privé, Private Reserve 1873 & 1865 do that instead! These are the good ones Hennessy has to offer for a fair price if you find them.
There are a lot more I know that, but more expensive also ;)

I must say after drinkin cognac for about 15years now, I don't drink a VS or Fine that often... I even use it more in a Tea or in my food for making sauce, if you know what I mean.

sjp1966
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby sjp1966 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:33 pm

Ive tried Hennessy XO and Paradis by the shot in a restaurant (a friend was paying lol) and it was very nice. I figured that this one wasnt top end but it seemed interesting so thought about giving it a try, I probably wont go hunting that hard for it. I think my issue is going to be the relatively expensive nature of Cognacs, but we'll see how it goes.

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby numen » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Cognac cost is really variable. For the most part, it's far less expensive than whisky, though the big Cognac houses change this by putting so much into marketing and packaging. For instance, you can get a great bottle of Cognac (really, stellar) from Tesseron for not much. The Lot 53 can go for around $170-190, and the Lot 29 for around $300-400. If you were looking at getting a 40-50 year old whisky, you'd be talking about thousands of dollars. An 80 year old whisky? Nothing on the market, even as 60 year old stuff goes for tens of thousands of dollars. It can be expensive, but there are a lot of very affordable, well aged, and superbly constructed Cognacs out there.

I hate to say that Tesseron is a value Cognac because that makes it seem like you're trading off on cost for a slight loss in quality... truth is, it's just a fabulous product that is very reasonably priced.

sjp1966
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby sjp1966 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:41 am

At the moment it is the less well known Cognacs that I want to try, I’ve tried the Hennessy’s etc although I’ve not heard of the brand that you have mentioned. At $170 it is the same price as Hennessy XO in the UK (about £109), which although not massively expensive for a bottle of Cognac is something that I could maybe only get once a year. I guess it is relative really on how much you earn and want to put towards it, I fear that my tipple may just be naturally expensive. Which doing the job I do will obviously aff4ect what I can try, that’s fine but it is something that I just need to take into consideration.

françois
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby françois » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:16 am

+1 for Tesseron, they are just an excellent brand I would recommend to virtually everybody.

Return to “Hennessy”