What are you sipping today???

For all questions and issues concerning the world of Cognac. Feel free to ask questions!
BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: What are you sipping today???

Postby BSinTX » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:45 pm

That looks to be a very limited edition Cohiba. No doubt it's FANTASTIC with a nice pour!! My buddy is leaving the Air Force after 12 years, so we are going to to celebrate on Saturday night. It's moments like these where I break out the best Habanos in my collection. Haven't been sipping this week. I brought along some Four Roses but just haven't been in the mood for anything. Probably has everything to do with the long, miserable winters here in the US.

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:55 pm

Ended up doing the Castarede 20YO Armagnac last night. Odd as this may sound to some, I hit it with a wee bit of water (my taste buds were used to the beer I was drinking earlier.)

I spoke to Jay at TPS yesterday. The reason why his shelves are running so dry is that several importers have went out of business. He also explained to me that the French aren't very fluent in the exportation business. Not that this pertains to all of them, but he was providing me with tons of information with regards to the French spirits industry. He is trying to hook up the Bouju family with a new importer, should be getting some Darroze in the spring, and the guy he does business with in California is having importation issues as well. Also, they are building a distillery next door to TPS. They will have a single column distiller for bourbon and they will have a pot still for making other types of spirits. Modern day alchemists...what a cool job to have.

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:58 pm

wouter wrote:Daniel Bouju Extra ;-)

Makes me think of the Monty Python movie, "Life of Brian" ........"you LUCKY bastard!!!!!"

Pot Still Will
VS-Cognac
VS-Cognac

Postby Pot Still Will » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:07 pm

Even Williams Single barrel Bourbon. I got it recently and decided to sample some before I arrange a tasting with some friends later in the year. Image
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:51 pm

Pot Still Will wrote:Even Williams Single barrel Bourbon. I got it recently and decided to sample some before I arrange a tasting with some friends later in the year. Image

Feel free to give us your thoughts in the review area. I am always curious as to how foreigners perceive Bourbon because it's very different from most other whiskeys. Most whiskey drinkers I know do not care for Bourbon due to it's sweetness which is probably why I (as a Cognac drinker) find it so appealing.

I'm back to the Four Roses SB this week. The extra rye they use certainly gives it a punch as far as a spicy aftertaste, but it's not overdone. Only needed a small splash of water; probably because I'm in Minnesota and it's MISERABLY cold outside!!!!

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby numen » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:01 am

I've been off the sauce for a week or so, and will be off for another week (doctor's orders), but will be going back to the Bouju Extra and probably polishing off a few other samples :)

Pot Still Will
VS-Cognac
VS-Cognac

Postby Pot Still Will » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:45 am

BSinKY wrote:
Pot Still Will wrote:Even Williams Single barrel Bourbon. I got it recently and decided to sample some before I arrange a tasting with some friends later in the year. Image

Feel free to give us your thoughts in the review area. I am always curious as to how foreigners perceive Bourbon because it's very different from most other whiskeys. Most whiskey drinkers I know do not care for Bourbon due to it's sweetness which is probably why I (as a Cognac drinker) find it so appealing.

I'm back to the Four Roses SB this week. The extra rye they use certainly gives it a punch as far as a spicy aftertaste, but it's not overdone. Only needed a small splash of water; probably because I'm in Minnesota and it's MISERABLY cold outside!!!!

Most whiskey drinkers I know love Bourbon. My current favourite is Woodford reserve for the normal budget, and Booker Noe's if your budget stretches a little more.

I love the Oak/timber tastes and the fruit notes I get. The only Irish whiskey with rich oak notes I can think of is Jameson Gold but it;s very hard to find in any country.
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:21 am

Here is the thread I started when I went to the Woodford Distillery in Versailles, KY.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=360

Fascinating place for sure and great Bourbon as well. I'm going to do the entire Bourbon trail this year; made a promise to my Brazilian amigos that I would fill the saddle bags of my bike with booze and take a picture.

Of course, I can never get post enough pics of pretty Brazilian ladies who LOVE Bourbon (they drink it straight, in case you were wondering.)

Deemancpa
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Deemancpa » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:29 am

Return to “Questions and general subjects about Cognac”