What are you sipping today???

For all questions and issues concerning the world of Cognac. Feel free to ask questions!
Pierre
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: What are you sipping today???

Postby Pierre » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:32 pm

numen wrote:Just got a half-bottle of Clear Creek Framboise eau-de-vie and am really loving it so far. The nose is richly of raspberries (dark and unsweetened), and the palate and finish are full of... raspberries. No surprises, just very well done and delicious.

You're making me real jealous here numen... Raspberries, how can you not love them ?

Deemancpa
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Deemancpa » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:38 pm

I have been drinking other spirits: Finally procured Pappy VW, I am think about trading my Hennessy Paradis for PVW 23 yr old. Thoughts?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (714.19 KiB) Viewed 1557 times

Deemancpa
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Deemancpa » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:27 am

My wife likes this one. Gentle smoke and surprisingly sweet.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (718.25 KiB) Viewed 1547 times

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby numen » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:12 pm

Deemancpa wrote:I have been drinking other spirits: Finally procured Pappy VW, I am think about trading my Hennessy Paradis for PVW 23 yr old. Thoughts?

Between the two, I'd much rather have the Hennessy. I've always thought that the PVW 23 was over-oaked.

Cognac Fan
VS-Cognac
VS-Cognac

Postby Cognac Fan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Having some Domaine Chiroulet 15 yo to start the holidays. My first Armagnac from the Ténarèze region and it's quite good.

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:35 am

Finished a sprint triathlon today in 1:41:31 so I am rewarding my efforts with a newly opened bottle of Hardy Napoleon and some illegal contraband. It may take me a few weeks but I am going to do a head to head comparo with Hardy XO and Napoleon.

Pierre
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Pierre » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:00 pm

Congrats on your result, I'm really not a stamina guy, I admire your performance :D
Nice also to revive that thread a bit ! I'm finishing on my Delord bottles atm, enjoying it, really. And I'm settled on finishing my Blanton's Silver Edition, before switching to the Gold: I'm really looking forward to it, the Gold's much better !
Overall I have too few bourbon bottles to choose from in my cabinet, I need to find myself some more...

Pierre
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Pierre » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:16 pm

I just finished polishing my bottle of Delord l'Authentique together with a Bolivar petit corona: nice combination and very nice cigar brand, I really enjoy Bolivar cigars ! This one I believe had a few years already when I bought it and spent almost one year in my humidor, and it was flavoured but not aggressive at all in the first two thirds. The last third was a bit more powerful and I stopped at roughly one quarter of the end.
Viva Bolivar !

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:48 pm

I agree, Bolivar cigars are FANTASTIC!! I have to check and see if I have any left....I smoke those at a much higher rate than most others.

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:39 pm

I smoked a PSD#4 on Saturday and was sipping on Camus XO on Sunday. I decanted the last 200ml of this bottle into a smaller bottle and will hold it for a special occasion as Camus now produces the "Elegance" which doesn't do much for me.

Return to “Questions and general subjects about Cognac”