What are you sipping today???

For all questions and issues concerning the world of Cognac. Feel free to ask questions!
numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: What are you sipping today???

Postby numen » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:38 pm

Just going to a half-fill bottle of Daniel Bouju Royal BdF and freakin' loving it

Deemancpa
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Deemancpa » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:38 pm

My favorite: Frapin with Bolivar Coronas Extra
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (502.04 KiB) Viewed 1841 times

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:19 pm

I've been staying pretty steady with the Montifaud XO. Last night, I opened a bottle of Germain Robin single barrel XO and HOLY SMOKES is that GOOOOOOOD!!! I hope to do a review on both in a short while.

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby numen » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:27 pm

Bittersweet as I finish off the very last of the Maison Surrenne Tonneau no. 1 that I loved. It lost a bit over time, but it was fabulous. This was from a batch bottled in 2002 (196 bottles) and just one of a kind brilliant. So long, and here's to its memory!

Deemancpa
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Deemancpa » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:51 am

BSinKY wrote:I've been staying pretty steady with the Montifaud XO. Last night, I opened a bottle of Germain Robin single barrel XO and HOLY SMOKES is that GOOOOOOOD!!! I hope to do a review on both in a short while.

Great thanks for the tip! I've been on a Bourbon kick lately trying to track down Pappy's or other BTAC offerings as I can't get them in VA.

dee

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Deemancpa wrote:
BSinKY wrote:I've been staying pretty steady with the Montifaud XO. Last night, I opened a bottle of Germain Robin single barrel XO and HOLY SMOKES is that GOOOOOOOD!!! I hope to do a review on both in a short while.

Great thanks for the tip! I've been on a Bourbon kick lately trying to track down Pappy's or other BTAC offerings as I can't get them in VA.

dee

Best of luck in your search. There were people waiting overnight at TPS in order to secure their ONE bottle of PVW; they sold out within an hour! The liquor stores which receive their limited quantities typically put this aside for their best customers rather than to the general public. Easily the most hoarded Bourbon on the market. Blantons just hit the shelves again and I saw some Elmer T. Lee on the shelf in Pennsylvania earlier in the week.

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby numen » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:40 pm

I just went back to my Bouju Tres Vieux Brut de Fut. Every time I go to it, worrying or wondering whether each sip will live up to my expectations. Sometimes, it will be a bit light or a bit astringent, but, more often than not, it meets my high, high expectations for it.

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby numen » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:18 pm

Now I'm off to a land of Germain-Robin's Muscat. Low-fill bottle, with some loss of richness, but still intensely fruity, a little spicy, and exceptionally racy and exciting. It's a pleaser, to say the least!

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:17 pm

I've been going back and forth between G-R and the Montifaud XO all weekend. Sure am glad I ended my VSOP tour!!

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby numen » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Just got a half-bottle of Clear Creek Framboise eau-de-vie and am really loving it so far. The nose is richly of raspberries (dark and unsweetened), and the palate and finish are full of... raspberries. No surprises, just very well done and delicious.

Return to “Questions and general subjects about Cognac”