What are you sipping today???

For all questions and issues concerning the world of Cognac. Feel free to ask questions!
BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: What are you sipping today???

Postby BSinTX » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:17 am

Deemancpa wrote:

Good Whew...I thought maybe it was only me with the Ile de Re

Typically I seldom judge any pour by the first taste. After I gave the bottle a few more tries, it really started to taste odd. There was an unpleasant saltiness mixed with an unfamiliar (re: not Cognac) aftertaste.

Two good Bourbons you've got there! Actually Rare Eagle (and just about everything else from Buffalo Trace Distillery {except Buffalo Trace Bourbon}) is out of stock in most stores!! I've been raving about Elmer T. Lee for many years due to the quality and price and now it's nowhere to be found. Definitely check out a distillery if you haven't done so. Just to experience the aromas from the bottling room and rickhouse will make the trip worthwhile.

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby numen » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:30 am

Deemancpa wrote:Drinking more bourbon.. Col EH Taylor & Rare Eagle 10. I'm not to far from the Bowman Distillery, so maybe a visit.

Where to buy daniel bouju?
TPS no longer ships alcohol..

K&L in CA has or had some bouju, but not the full range of things. As for the rest of it, I'm not sure that it's available in the US at the moment. It's getting tough to find in most places. There is FinestWine in France, which does ship to the US. Prices are pretty good. Shipping is heavy, but they sometimes offer discounts for larger orders

Deemancpa
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Deemancpa » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:48 am

numen wrote:
Deemancpa wrote:Drinking more bourbon.. Col EH Taylor & Rare Eagle 10. I'm not to far from the Bowman Distillery, so maybe a visit.

Where to buy daniel bouju?
TPS no longer ships alcohol..

K&L in CA has or had some bouju, but not the full range of things. As for the rest of it, I'm not sure that it's available in the US at the moment. It's getting tough to find in most places. There is FinestWine in France, which does ship to the US. Prices are pretty good. Shipping is heavy, but they sometimes offer discounts for larger orders

Great thanks guys!

Drink this today;
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (713.57 KiB) Viewed 1700 times

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:43 am

Excellent choice deeman!! I purchased the same bottle for my nephew on his first birthday and told his old man to give it to him when he turns 21. I put a note inside for nostalgia. 19 more to go!!

How is it, by the way??

Deemancpa
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Deemancpa » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:51 am

the palate, E.H. Taylor Single Barrel demonstrates dried fruit, winter spices, and just a bit of oak. It has the cognac /rum mouthfeel. The finish is medium-length and smooth with more dried fruit.

So smooth!

I like William Larue Weller much better though as it is more complex. Wow! I've completely ignored the Bourbon category. This will be a regular stocked item at my local shop..

dee

Pierre
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Pierre » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:11 pm

I've been very impressed with a sample of Eagle Rare 10 year old lately, nothing extremely prominent but everything was very well balanced. I'd be really curious to try the 17 year old version but I am somewhat doubtful I can find a bottle at a reasonnable price (140 euros in Germany or UK: no way)

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby numen » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:58 pm

I just polished off a bottle of the '99 Karuizawa from K&L; really love the stuff even more than when I first opened it. I wish that I had more!

1999 karuizawa finished for forum.jpg
1999 karuizawa finished for forum.jpg (255.12 KiB) Viewed 1675 times

Deemancpa
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Deemancpa » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:38 pm

I like Bourbon...but I like Cognac much more!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (689.54 KiB) Viewed 1660 times

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:44 am

Excellent combo Deeman!!

Cigar weather is leaving us in a big hurry, so it's time to stock up on more. I've got a few more boxes of PSD#4 on the way. I'm eyeballing a few boxes of the Monte #5.

Deemancpa
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Deemancpa » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:31 pm

BSinKY wrote:Excellent combo Deeman!!

Cigar weather is leaving us in a big hurry, so it's time to stock up on more. I've got a few more boxes of PSD#4 on the way. I'm eyeballing a few boxes of the Monte #5.

Excellent choices. I'm fortunate enough to smoke indoors in the ManCave all year!

Dee

Return to “Questions and general subjects about Cognac”