What are you sipping today???

For all questions and issues concerning the world of Cognac. Feel free to ask questions!
Pierre
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: What are you sipping today???

Postby Pierre » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:16 pm

Also smoked yesterday my first Partagas D4 ! I was very curious since it is supposed to be a very powerful cigar... In the end I managed quite ok :P The cigar was actually quite nice, very flavourful, only problem is that the humidor of the vendor was probably a bit too dry, so the outer part was cracking a bit and the combustion was a bit chaotic. Had it with a sample of macallan gold, not bad to have a cigar with a "dryer" spirit such as scotch...

A few days ago I had a new go at the Bouju Très Vieux Brut de Fut with a Romeo y Julieta #2 and although neat it's still a tad too bitter for my taste, with a cigar it's really wonderful... I think I found my "cigar cognac brand" !

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:39 pm

It was a happy Independence day....toking on a Partagas Serie E #2 and sipping on Hardy Napoleon.

To be honest, most Partagas smokes are medium bodied, although some of the smaller diameter ones can be quite the "Firecracker". I've got about five boxes of Serie D #4's aging away...one of my all time favorite smokes. Maintaining proper humidity is critical to the quality of the smoke. Typically, I won't touch a cigar out of the box....minimum of 1 year to condition it to the proper humidity (72% is optimal.)

I have found that the more oak in the drink, the more it will go with a good cigar. For example, I wouldn't bother to light a cigar if I was drinking any Chateu de Beaulon 12YO as it is just too fruity. Most (not all) Armagnacs will pair well with a smoke as they tend to not be watered down too much and maintain the dryness of the barrel. With Cognac, most XO's fair well with a smoke. The trick is to not select a strong smoke with a mild pour and vice versa and this just takes time to know the smoke and the drink. When I pull out the Bouju Cognacs, I tend to bring out the powerhouse smokes.

Pierre
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Pierre » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Finally put my hands on a Chateau du Mirail armagnac set, this is Haut Armagnac area :D I was really curious about Haut Armagnac, began to sip on the XO sample and it is quite nice, some bourbon-like feature, I think it is time I resume to post a few tasting comments on the forum !

walteryanez
New distillate
New distillate

Re: camus xo superieur

Postby walteryanez » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:03 am

Hi guys,
New to the forum.
I have a CAMUS XO Superieur (no box) I was going to use as a gift to my french friend then I decided to keep it since Daniel would just keep on liquor cabinet.
I'm going to start travelling for about a 1800 months so how can I get rid of it. Right now I am living in Sydney and for more info the bootle cam from Hong Komg thru my x-wife relatives.
Attached a picture similar to my bottle.

Your thoughts!!!!

Walter

walteryanez
New distillate
New distillate

Re: camus xo superieur

Postby walteryanez » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:08 am

walteryanez wrote:Hi guys,
New to the forum.
I have a CAMUS XO Superieur (no box) I was going to use as a gift to my french friend then I decided to keep it since Daniel would just keep on liquor cabinet.
I'm going to start travelling for about a 1800 months so how can I get rid of it. Right now I am living in Sydney and for more info the bootle cam from Hong Komg thru my x-wife relatives.
Attached a picture similar to my bottle.

Your thoughts!!!!

Walter

Pierre
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Pierre » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:17 am

I believe you're not exactly in the right section, this thread is dedicated to what we're sipping at the moment, I think you want to post in the section devoted to selling and acquiring.

jamesharry1
VS-Cognac
VS-Cognac

Postby jamesharry1 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:33 am

I like to have Brandy Decano Cognac.

jamesharry1
VS-Cognac
VS-Cognac

Postby jamesharry1 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:26 am

am waiting for this weekend to have bottle of Terry Centenario,light and delicate brandy..

Return to “Questions and general subjects about Cognac”