Whats a good glass to use?

For all questions and issues concerning the world of Cognac. Feel free to ask questions!
numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: Whats a good glass to use?

Postby numen » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:58 am

Of course! The site has an interesting interface, and I'm not sure that I've got a great grip on it, but here's a link to the discussion:

http://www.connosr.com/wall/discussion/ ... ich-glass/

I've got the same username there, too.

Pot Still Will
VS-Cognac
VS-Cognac

Postby Pot Still Will » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:04 am

I know the glass and have a few. I not a fan. Not a good nosing glass but okay other than that.
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby numen » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:12 am

That was my impression, too. Admittedly, when I first got to spirits, it took time to get used to a Glencairn/tulip, so it may take some time to get used to the glass in question. I just missed the strength and distinct nature of aromas, which then affected the palate. I'll probably keep trying it periodically to see how things fare all the same. Experimentation is part of the fun, right?

Pot Still Will
VS-Cognac
VS-Cognac

Postby Pot Still Will » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:26 am

I've tried various Riedel glasses and find this Image

very good, it's similar to the ones mentioned before but has its differences too I think.
Four blessings upon you - Older whiskey - Younger women - Faster horses - More money

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:48 pm

I have the Riedel glass above. Due to it's price and fragility, I only break it out on special occasions. The larger bowl combined with a taller chimney makes it my favorite nosing glass. I keep a Glencairn glass in my suitcase for sipping while on the road; can't get enough of the ruggedness of this glass. When I had an issue with a bad batch (all six broke in the same manner), the folks who sold them to me replaced all six without question.

Return to “Questions and general subjects about Cognac”