Stolichnaya Russia or Latvia

Anything about Wodka can be placed in this sub-section. Such as news, information, reviews, distillery-visits...
mora the explorer
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Stolichnaya Russia or Latvia

Postby mora the explorer » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:37 pm

I picked up some old Russian Stolichnaya minibottles today but all new Stolichnaya vodka I see is made in Latvia. Whats up with that?

mora the explorer
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: Stolichnaya Russia or Latvia

Postby mora the explorer » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:50 am

Ok bought the rest the shop had.

I found 3 different labels and 2 importers.

Most said this

but one said this and had a different metal cap.

And of course all full size bottles were new and Latvian... This is why I'm glad cognac has to be made in a certain region in france to be called what it is.

wouter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wouter » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:48 pm

Thats the problem with uniform products like many lager beers, wodka, Pepsi etc. They CAN make it everywhere.

Back to the product, is this your fav. Wodka? Already tried Grey Goose? Made in the Cognac area...

mora the explorer
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby mora the explorer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:58 am

Yeah with Cognac origin is protected and other stuff not so much... :( No this isn't my fav(have yet to try it as I can't decide if I should have a few or save it and give it away as gifts on special occasions since its so scarce...) I've had some wodka polska recently(Sobieski) but usually I stick to vodkas from Finland and Sweden(Finlandia and Absolut.)

I haven't tried Grey Goose yet, I seen its French but it was a newer brand so I went with older ones instead. I'll pick up a bottle soon. :)

Also any ideas on where to find a few older large(750ml-1l) of Stolichnaya from Russia or CCCP? I like its history and would love to add some bottles to my collection. Oh and we should get a wodka section here. I'm sure I could find some interesting content. ;)

wouter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wouter » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:32 pm

mora the explorer wrote: Oh and we should get a wodka section here. I'm sure I could find some interesting content.

I made an Wodka section, depending on the popularity it will stay in its own section, otherwise I will combine it with another section to keep the forum clear for everyone. :D

mora the explorer wrote:Also any ideas on where to find a few older large(750ml-1l) of Stolichnaya from Russia or CCCP?

Tried Ebay?

mora the explorer
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby mora the explorer » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:17 am

Cool!

Yea I looked on Ebay but they just had odd flavoured Stolichnaya. Also I try to stay off there as I see interesting expensive stuff I want like this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Sealed- ... _44wt_1170

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Remy-Martin-VSO ... 543wt_1170

tscollector
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby tscollector » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:17 pm

My favorite Vodka is Parliament, best price and taste. It costs about 1 Euro less than Absolut.

A regular bottle of Absolut cost 13,00 Euros in Germany, in case anyone liked to know that.
http://thesophisticatedcollector.wordpress.com/

Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine to those that be of heavy hearts.That they may drink and they may forget their sorrows, and their miseries would not be remembered anymore.

mora the explorer
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby mora the explorer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:39 am

Its like $22-24 here.

Return to “Wodka”