Enmore 1988/2011 23 Year Old, 50%

Other worthwhile things in life! Such as cigars, wine, coffee, watches, cars etc. ..
numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Enmore 1988/2011 23 Year Old, 50%

Postby numen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:24 am

Nose: Well, well, well. What have we here? Clearly dry, bitter molasses, and some atypical brown baking spices, cumin, cardamom, and that sort of thing. Licorice, salty, tarry on burned rubber. Something also of tobacco, prune, and raisin. Rich and perhaps even a smidge bourbony. This is rich and begs to be nosed. Even the off-note (presumably from the rubber) is intriguing and adds to the density. I am really loving this style and profile.

Palate: Whoa! Unexpected! It starts out just a little quiet, but it's just a brief, half-second pause that brings you in closer. Then it rather explodes on bitter, almost sour molasses, pipe juice, salt, and licorice. It combines to give a burning liquid rubber note. Burned prune and raisin skin. A bit even of a high quality coffee. A little wax and smoky quality as well. Fabulous. Delicious. Gone.

Finish: Lasts for a while and turns a bit fruitier, almost in the finish of one of my favorite cognacs (Bouju's Tres Vieux Brut de Fut). This should tell you how it's going. More on licorice, salt, tarry rubber, coffee, and a drop of molasses. I wish that I'd gotten more than one bottle. No retiring flower this. One of these big, heavy, and magical demerara - completely unlike what one normally gets in the US. A-/A (93/94)

Return to “All other delights”