Punch Punch

Other worthwhile things in life! Such as cigars, wine, coffee, watches, cars etc. ..
BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: Punch Punch

Postby BSinTX » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:51 am

Here's to the ones they missed!!!!

Pierre
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Pierre » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:37 pm

If the cognac in the glass is the same as in the bottle, I'd sure like to hear your thoughts about it !

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:30 pm

It is! Gonna do a review on it in a few weeks. I like to get familiar with any product before offering my opinion. What I was thinking about doing is a head to head with the XO and the Napoleon from Hardy. I've been through several bottles of Napoleon already; TPS used to sell it for about $60 a bottle which means it sold out QUICKLY!! The price is now at $68 per bottle which is still a great deal.

Pierre
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Pierre » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:16 pm

I am now the proud owner of a punch punch in tube ! I'm not sure whether I'm gonna smoke it in the next few days or let it sit in the humidor for a while... Life is hard and you sometimes have to make tough choices !!

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:02 pm

You can always buy another!! Let me know what you think of it.

Pierre
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Pierre » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:49 am

Well, it didn't last long, smoked along the Canal du Midi in Toulouse by a sunny afternoon with my family :D
It was a really pleasant experience, the cigar was almost never aggressive and burnt very well on the first two thirds, very good construction. I'm not able to distinguish lots of aromas in cigars but I really liked the wooden aromas, like precious wood, and the touch of coconut (a cigar being the ONLY place where I can appreciate a touch of coconut...). The last third was less pleasant, maybe because the combustion was a bit more chaotic (I think I still don't know how to smoke a good cigar correctly until the last centimeter).

It was nice, not a very powerful cigar, different from the Partagas and Boliver that I enjoy, I think I might come back to this later :mrgreen: Maybe it will help my Elijah Craig and its "a little too present" coconut flavours ? I also quite like the format, first time I smoked a corona gorda...

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:55 pm

In celebration of my dad's birthday (would have turned 69), I decided to smoke my best and drink my best; Montecristo #2 and Camus XO Superior. Happy thoughts.

Life called and so I answered.

Pierre
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Pierre » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:54 pm

And a damn good answer it is... ;)

Return to “All other delights”