1985 Enmore 27 Years (Cask #64) Duncan Taylor 52.5%

Other worthwhile things in life! Such as cigars, wine, coffee, watches, cars etc. ..
numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

1985 Enmore 27 Years (Cask #64) Duncan Taylor 52.5%

Postby numen » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:03 pm

from a purchased sample

Nose: We're generally (oddly) in the realm of that Bellevue, but we've got a few other things to keep it going, even as it calms down and is a bit more of a bashful brew. There's a hint of wood in sweet, light, and dry sawdust, and a distinct -- subdued-- floral quality. A bit of aged honeyed molasses, but the salty olives and rubber are vying for headliner credit. I like this a lot. A delightful grapey quality, perhaps even like a drop of Marc. This is what rums can be. Even a bit soft, for all the rest of it.

Palate: Oh mother. Of. Kermit the Frog. I make good decisions from time to time, and going to this was a stroke of brilliance. Small-big-medium in the scale of the palate, with a bit of everything. At the midpalate, you get a punch in the face of some gorgeous coffee that benefits from stellar Marc, which has an almost thuja-like quality (akin to great tequila). All the other same type of notes.

Finish: A bit weak compared to the palate, but maybe more elegant and gorgeous fruit. More of that residual ristretto and salt olives. Rubbery and sweet. And just superb. A-

Jamie76
VS-Cognac
VS-Cognac

Re: 1985 Enmore 27 Years (Cask #64) Duncan Taylor 52.5%

Postby Jamie76 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:51 am

I just read your most recent rum reviews. Nice. I am assuming you are in the US. Where are you getting these rums? I'd like to get my hands on a few of these.

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: 1985 Enmore 27 Years (Cask #64) Duncan Taylor 52.5%

Postby numen » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:34 am

I got samples from Master of Malt's Drinks by the Dram program

Return to “All other delights”