Delord Hors d'Age (40%)

Here you can talk about the experiences with the different brands and/or types of Armagnac.
Pierre
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Delord Hors d'Age (40%)

Postby Pierre » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:53 pm

(Free sample offered by Delord when buying on site :) )
This is a typical offering of Delord, not so difficult to find I believe (even though it's not so easy to find Delord products online). Age must around 15yo max imo.

Nose: this is on mature plums, grapes, with sweet notes (almond paste) and a golden feeling. There seems to be a touch of darker notes but subtle.
Palate: you got yellow fruits coming into play and some lemon touch on a second layer, going then right to the finish.
Finish: a bit fruity (yellow and red apples, apricots) with wood (slightly bitter), some pastry notes. This is overall a short finish and a bit deluding compared to other Delord products (25yo or old vintages).

The nose is not bad but not exceptionnal either, however the palate and particularly finish are on the weaker side, it's not that I don't appreciate it but it leaves unsatisfied... If you're from those that think 40% products are usually a tadd too weak, I think you'll be a bit disappointed by this one, if not well it's a decent bottle (although I am biased towards Delord, it fits my taste quite naturally).

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: Delord Hors d'Age (40%)

Postby BSinTX » Sun May 11, 2014 12:03 am

Pierre wrote:(Free sample offered by Delord when buying on site :) )
If you're from those that think 40% products are usually a tadd too weak, I think you'll be a bit disappointed by this one, if not well it's a decent bottle (although I am biased towards Delord, it fits my taste quite naturally).

About two weeks ago, I opened up a bottle of Armagnac bottled at 40%. Unfortunately, it was a product that could have been good but was ruined with water. I hope the producers of Armagnac don't follow the Cognac producers....they are way behind the curve ball here in the 21st century.

Return to “Armagnac Reviews and descriptions”