Chateau de Montifaud Napoleon

Here you can talk about the experiences with the different brands and/or types of Cognac.
BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Chateau de Montifaud Napoleon

Postby BSinTX » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:32 pm

Today we had some nice weather for a change. I was able to take in a Habano, Punch Punch to be exact, and enjoy the sun. Now that dinner is finished, I'm sitting back and enjoying this Chateau de Montifaud Napoleon.

When I purchased the bottle ($85 US+tax), it had a paper label around the bottle stating that the cognac is between 17-20 years old and contains no artificial colorant. As you can tell by the lack of contents in the bottle, there isn't much left of this.

Nose: Not a hint of alcoholic stringency, just a really sweet balance of maple syrup, butterscotch, vanilla, candied oranges, bananas, and a bit of tobacco.

Taste: This is a sweet one. Pretty much spot on with the aromas. Very well balanced in the mouth and quite oily, the sweetness may be a bit much, but it makes this an excellent after dinner pour. The drawback to this product is that it does not work well at 40% ABV; there is little if any satisfaction when done which makes me pour two or even three drinks which is something I practically never do otherwise. The good side is that it tastes good enough to enjoy all three pours.

Return to “Cognac Reviews and descriptions”