Bourbon Collection

Anything about Whis(e)y and Bourbon can be placed in this sub-section. Such as news, information, reviews, distillery-visits...
Deemancpa
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Bourbon Collection

Postby Deemancpa » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:31 pm

Lately I have been drinking more Bourbons and Single Malts, I like the cask strength as well as the higher abv. Bourbon is one of the most affordable spirits QPR.Here's part of the BTAC & Pappy's
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (706.69 KiB) Viewed 2078 times

Pierre
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: Bourbon Collection

Postby Pierre » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Nice, I'd really like to sample that George T Stagg bottle :mrgreen: Bourbon is indeed a good QPR, however it got a bit more "trendy" nowadays and it is slowly slipping in the "hype" category, particularly the cask strength and special bottlings. The Eagle Rare bottle, is it a the 10yo or 17yo ?

Deemancpa
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Deemancpa » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:35 pm

Pierre wrote:Nice, I'd really like to sample that George T Stagg bottle :mrgreen: Bourbon is indeed a good QPR, however it got a bit more "trendy" nowadays and it is slowly slipping in the "hype" category, particularly the cask strength and special bottlings. The Eagle Rare bottle, is it a the 10yo or 17yo ?

Hi Pierre,

All are good QPR, if you buy at retail. The secondary market is hot & high in terms of price. Being a life long Cognac drinker, I have been drinking spirts with higher abv and I believe Bourbons are great for the price in the US. My favorite not pictured right now is Knob Creek Single Barrel 120 proof. It is very good for $45.

Dee

Pierre
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Pierre » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:05 am

Really have to agree on that one, the Knob Creek Reserve is very nice, however it's often a bit pricey in Europe, if you can get it at 45$ it's really a bargain ! Lots of banana there I love that !

Salvatore496
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby Salvatore496 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:18 pm

The George Stagg was $139.99 per bottle and
had gone to over $699.99 I'm the last few months.

Return to “Whisky and Bourbon”