Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban

Anything about Whis(e)y and Bourbon can be placed in this sub-section. Such as news, information, reviews, distillery-visits...
BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban

Postby BSinTX » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:21 am

I was searching for something different this evening and took a turn off my normal route and went with Scotch; Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban, extra matured in Port casks. I don't dislike Scotch (unless it's peated in which case it's disgusting and foul) but it typically just doesn't tickle my fancy. I went with my instincts and purchased a few 50ml bottle of the Glenmorangie line including Lasanta and Nectar D'or. I travel to a lot of other countries and 50ml bottles make excellent gifts for new friends. This comes in at 46%ABV (Scotch producers are my kind of people),

Nose: Right off the bat, I hit this with a splash of water as I really couldn't smell much of anything. Once the water took, the aromas came out rather nicely. The unmistakable aroma of Port, dried cranberries, iodine, oak, vanilla, and grapefruit or oranges. There are also some unfamiliar aromas which I cannot pinpoint.

Taste: The Port delivers a fruitiness right from the start, cola, cherries, something salty, a wee tad of Bourbon, and a whole lot more unfamiliar flavors. As I said, I am not a regular Scotch drinker, so there is a lot to explore in this.

All in all, this is pretty darned good sauce! Glad I decided to shy away from the norm this evening. You never know what you might find.

Deemancpa
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban

Postby Deemancpa » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:25 am

We should create a thread called the Adventures of BSinKY! I have my eye on this one as well. I spent about an hour in the store looking at single malts and end up with Highland 12.

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban

Postby BSinTX » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:21 pm

Deemancpa wrote:We should create a thread called the Adventures of BSinKY! I have my eye on this one as well. I spent about an hour in the store looking at single malts and end up with Highland 12.

As I type this message, plans are in the works to be BSinRGdS....Rio Grande do Sul....the southernmost state in Brazi; hopefullyl by the middle of February.

Let the adventure continue...

Return to “Whisky and Bourbon”