thanks

Here you can talk about everything!
sjp1966
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

thanks

Postby sjp1966 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Not really off topic but not strictly able to place anywhere else.

I just wanted to thank you guys for the welcome here and answering my seemingly never ending posts, I have learnt a lot in my short time here. I am a little in awe with regards the level of dedication that you guys show to your beloved spirits.

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: thanks

Postby BSinTX » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:10 am

Thanks for the kind words. Thanks to wouter for hosting this site.

I don't know that I'd call it dedication so much as I would call it enjoyment. I am away from home 5 days a week and so upon my return, I tend to dive head first into the things I enjoy. If it seems like I am sipping a lot lately, it's only because motorcycle season is just about over and I can only exercise so much. You seem to be interested in getting to know spirits; good for you. There are plenty of interesting things to try; it will take you 10 lifetimes to try them all so don't rush anything. Most importantly, please don't feel any need to keep up with me or that it's some sort of contest. I assure you I am not rolling over in money and I must budget every bottle I buy. I make the sacrifices so that I can enjoy my spirits during the weekend. There is something in this for everyone, whether you are a collector or just a person who enjoys sipping on the sauce.

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby numen » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:16 am

Excellent advice, and I agree with BSinKY on all counts. It's a long game, and it's part of life, but it shouldn't dictate everything. I probably don't budget as well as I should, but budgeting is always a factor. And there are always so many different things to try; we all struggle in the game between trying new things, and stocking up on favorites. Especially as you start the journey, just try different things. Eventually, you'll find more things that you tend to like, and you will be able to identify and focus your efforts on those :)

sjp1966
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby sjp1966 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:55 am

I am looking forward to the journey :D and I am making plans for my budgeting as I write this :) its gonna be scary when I shell out £200 at some point for a bottle of something.

Return to “Off-Topic”