Martell VSOP

sjp1966
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Re: Martell VSOP

Postby sjp1966 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:53 am

Thanks for the links, I notice they have rums there too which is good for me :D yes the Daniel Bouj is expensive, that would be a goal I would need to work towards.

I wonder if the miniatures are bottles by the houses themselves or by a third party? if by the houses themselves it would be possible to find out where I can get them (although that seems simpler to me than probably what the reality is )

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby numen » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:55 am

Smaller estates tend to produce their own stuff. Bouju seems to bottle all his own stuff, and he's a very responsive and pleasant fellow to deal with. He's got a website somewhere and responds in English (that's far better than my non-existant French).

sjp1966
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby sjp1966 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:15 pm

me too, anything other than English and I am afraid I am lost, I hope that the few emails I sent off last night are responded to, if not ill have to try and on-line translation and then re-translate the replies to English.

That will get very messy very quickly.

BSinTX
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Postby BSinTX » Thu May 15, 2014 12:50 am

Okay, I found a local store that sells this in 50ml minis. I'm quite surprised at how often it's difficult to come by good bottles of 50ml stuff to sample. What a great way to find out whether or not you care to buy a 750!

Nose: Cola, candied fruit, almonds, sweet cake, vanilla, and dried cherries. This stuff has a very pleasant aroma for a major player in the Cognac market. There is a faint hint of alcohol but it's not like paint remover or anything of the sort.

Taste: This is a sweet one....toffee, cola, ginger, there is a slight dryness from the oak, and then a hint of cinnamon on the finish. This is a well balanced VSOP, I must say. A tad sweet for my liking, but I will probably get a few more samples to see if it grows on me. So far, this is the best VSOP I've tried from the "Big 5". I have not had the chance to get to try the Hennessy VSOP, so that is my goal to finish off the VSOP tour.

Bullman
VS-Cognac
VS-Cognac

Postby Bullman » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:34 am

www.wineanthology.com has the small bottles of Congac,brandy,burbon,Vodka. Good people to deal with. Also have the 1000ml bottles in some Congacs. The Bullman

Return to “Martell”