Martell Creation, 40%

numen
VSOP-Cognac
VSOP-Cognac

Martell Creation, 40%

Postby numen » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:52 pm

from a purchased sample

Nose: Has an elegant and aged vibe at first, but needs a few minutes to open up. Turns more to dense syrup with some rancio, a sprinkling of cacao powder, and a healthy dose of dried fruit nibs. Dates, figs, oranges, some walnuts, and extracted figgy jam. A little pruneau, strawberry jam, hidden marzipan layered in there as well. Vibrant and no mistaking its age here. Really superb stuff.

Palate: Syrupy with a surprising burst of spice and rather full of rancio. Soft orange, fig skins, with some soft oranges and off-sweet zest (separate). At the mid-palate, there's a little transition to pruneau and dates (moist, but more flavor than the sweetness). Plums, Christmas cake, and minced pudding. It really just keeps pounding the flavors through, even at 40% this thing shows itself.

Finish: Lasts and keeps holding. Rancio, pruneau, figginess,and sweetly spiced minced pudding. Really fabulous and well-made. I wouldn't mind if this were a little higher proof, but it's exceptional as is, and clearly shows the skill of the cellarmaster. All the characteristics of an older cognac, but still full of life. A

RN2015
New distillate
New distillate

Re: Martell Creation, 40%

Postby RN2015 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:56 am

I have a Cognac Martell Cordon Blue Bacarrat Decanter with Box From 1984 to sell for 1800 Euros, see picture Below and let me know if there are interested, Kjnd Regards
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (896.76 KiB) Viewed 1226 times

Return to “Martell”