Intro and Cognac Suggestions

Introduce yourself in short, what are your fav. Cognacs? How much experience with Cognac... Etc.
Cognac_Cheapio
New distillate
New distillate

Intro and Cognac Suggestions

Postby Cognac_Cheapio » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:15 am

Hi there.

My name is Henry. I live in Toronto Canada so please keep this in mind as cognac selection is limited.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help.

I used to work at a local liquor store. One of my regular clients used to buy Hine Rare VSOP especially near Christmas.

I was never into cognac before thought it was a rich man's drink but recently saw Hine Vsop on sample for less than 2 bucks.

When I tried it was in heaven and led me to Cognac.

I am not poor nor rich but my budget per bottle is $100.00 or less Candidan funds.

Having liked Hine Vsop yesterday tried Baron Otard Vsop and I like it even better than Hine.

I tried doing research but I was wondering if anyone could suggest a similar vsop cognac to Baron Otard?

The only one I'm considering which I hear is quite good is Courvoisier Vsop.

I've tried Hennessey and Napoleon and not a fan.

Please only suggest VSOP, XO is just not realistic for my pocket book no matter how good it is :)

BTW as a side note, my personal favourite glassware to enjoy Cognac is a wine ISO glass. Like a mix between a fancy whiskey glass and wine and very good at picking up bouquet and swirling and takes up less room in cupboard.

Return to “Introduce yourself”