Hello from N.C.

Introduce yourself in short, what are your fav. Cognacs? How much experience with Cognac... Etc.
Bullman
VS-Cognac
VS-Cognac

Hello from N.C.

Postby Bullman » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:06 am

Being a freehand chef knife sharpener by trade and working with numerous Chefs I've developed a great taste for the fine Congac's this great green earth has to offer. Being in N.C. getting the harder to get ones or let me rephrase, the ones not normally seen here on T.V. or a rap video. (Not a big fan of that just using for refrences) I've had every thing from the Hennessy X.O. and the V.S.O P. Privilege along with the Courvoisier X.O. and V.S.O.P also becoming a fan of the D'USSE V.S.O.P (after its breathed) and I try to keep these on my shelf at all times. I do keep some of the V.S. around for my neighbors who will show up and wipe you out of your most expensive Congac's and good Cigars before you can turn around. (Not being a sharing snob, you just have to know my neighbors who think Old Crow is good burbon.) I had 2 bottles of brand new unopened X.O. Hennessy and went to check the pork shoulders on the smoker for N.C. BBQ and both bottles had disappeared leaving me quite livid. Anyway, it's great to meet fans of one of the greatest indulgences in the world who share my passion for a great drink. Peace and prosperity to all and I wish everybody a great Congac. On a side note, I just ordered my first bottle of Hine V.S.O.P which should be here this weekend or hopefully by Friday since no liquor store in this one burbon or whiskey (or Budweiser) yuck! State carries anything but the average, most popular at the time and it's all state ran here so you can't just order a bottle, sometimes you have to order a case or two. Imagine ordering a case of Hennessy's highest grade in the crystal decanter at $4000.00 U.S. the wife would have Me locked up.A small bit about myself, been involved in two of the family business one being a industrial Radiator and Charge Air Cooler repair shop which I left for my calling being traditionally trained in the art of Freehand Chef or pocket knife sharpening, traditionally trained by my neighbor growing up who was a great knife (Gyuto) maker and freehand sharpener. I would put up a pic or two but not sure how you would feel about it but I used the best Congac's avalable at the time. Enjoy and thanks again for letting me be apart of this very knowledgeable group of well versed palette's, The Bullman from Bullock blades and sharpening. Not spam just introducing my passion of Freehand Chef knives and Congac which go very well togeather. It's my blog. https://thefreehanders.wordpress.com/

JKT
VS-Cognac
VS-Cognac

Re: Hello from N.C.

Postby JKT » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:53 pm

Welcome. Sounds like you are a big fan of cognac. We all have other interests too, I'm into Japanese knives myself and can appreciate your knife sharpening work. Too bad about losing your XO bottles. I guess you have to careful with people.

Return to “Introduce yourself”